Have you noticed the overwhelming number of articles that have a number in the headline/title? You know… like, The 7 Creepiest Abandoned Places in (and Around) Louisville, and 9 Ridiculously Easy Weeknight Pasta Recipes? Books utilize the concept too. For example, 7 Tenets of Taxi Terry and The 6th Target (Women’s Murder Club).
It is said there are five, high-level headline types:
- Normal (Ways to Make Booking Speeches More Fun)
- How to Do It (How to Make Booking Speeches More Fun)
- Ask a Question (What are Ways to Make Booking Speeches More Fun?)
- Address the Reader (Ways You Need to Make Booking Speeches More Fun)
- Add a Number (5 Ways To Make Booking Speeches More Fun)
Studies show that headlines written utilizing a number resonate more with readers — as much as 15% more than 2nd place, ‘addresses the reader’ headlines. I guess I agree, even though I feel saturated with lists and more lists. Having said that, allow me to share the ONE reason Dharma loves Valentine’s Day… fuzzy teddy bears!