Product Review (sort of):
If you’re thinking about buying an Amazon Echo, take the plunge! I love them so much that I have 3 — one in the office, one in the bedroom and one in the kitchen. I use them every single day for something or the other. Below are just 10 of my favorite Alexa requests:
- Set a timer (for cooking and more)
- Read a book
- Set an alarm (needed to get out of bed)
- Play sleep sounds (needed to go to sleep)
- Tell me the weather and latest news
- Turn on/off lights and control thermostats
- Use as an intercom (drop in also works with other Echo owners)
- Works great as a speaker phone (a simple — “Alexa, call Mom”)
- Play music (playing to “group” has the same music in every room there’s an Echo)
- And my favorite — adding events to my calendar (For example, “Alexa, add meet Linda in Crothersville tomorrow at 11:00 AM to my calendar.“)
Sadly, Alexa must be from the north because she obviously has a problem understanding my midwestern drawl (as evidenced by the calendar entry above) — I guess Crothersville does sound a little like Crullers Bill when I say it. 🙂
I also have an Amazon Fire Stick on every TV (except one — it’s equipped with Apple TV) providing easy access to apps for Amazon Prime movies, Netflix, DirectTVnow, and more. The good news is that Amazon is offering these 2 products as a bundle. Because they are so easy to use, I purchased the bundle for the pesky neighbors! Nothing to put “on vacation” while enjoying a summer home in Indiana and a winter one in Florida.
While my favorite brother showed up to spend quality time with the peskies — he didn’t give them an Echo and a fire stick. That’s why I am (and always will be), the favorite.